Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh
- Course Date: 1 July to 28 July 2019
- Course fees: US$ 1,500
- Course fees include: Lodging & boarding (Basic Ashram standard), TTC Course textbook, Shatkarma kit
- to train oneself to become a qualified Yoga teacher
- to explore the essential meaning of yoga, to deepen the spiritual knowledge and profound insight of oneself
- to be able to handle the basic health concerns, which may arise at times, with specific yogic methods and consultation
- Yoga Philosophy
- Teachings of Vedas, Principal Upanishads, Shad Darshana, Agama & Purana
- Four schools of Yoga
- Fundamental principles of Yoga
- Introduction to basic Yoga texts
- Anatomy & Physiology, Yogic Psychology & Diet
- Teaching Methodology & Communication
* 75% of contact hours with teachers & 25% of Self-learning
- Shat Kriya
- Sukshma Vyayama
- Suryanamaskara & Yogasana
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Yoga Teaching Practice
* 60% of learning under supervision & 40 % of self-practice
Rishikesh is located in the foothills of the Himalayas in Northern India, surrounded by the dense forest and the picturesque shores of the sacred River Ganges. It is believed that meditation in Rishikesh brings one closer to oneself and one may easily feel the immediate effect of purity and divinity just by dipping in the holy river.
The course will be held in Yoga Niketan Ashram, one of the best places with beautiful gardens, magnificent sceneries of the River Ganges and the Himalaya, Hygienic Vegetarian Food and Yogic environment. There is a choice of Non-A/C* single or Non-A/C double shared room, all with an attached bathroom available for the course. A special room with an A/C will be charged extra.
(*A/C: Air Conditioner)
Our teachers are highly educated and qualified that they have the excellent commands over their subjects, deeply rooted into their sadhana (spiritual practices) and have a long experience in teaching. Their attitudes with open-mindedness, heartful sincerity and readiness to meet the needs of students in learning are being well appreciated by the students.
They have undergone the intensive Yoga practices, studies of Sanskrit, Yoga philosophies and other related subjects in the Gurukula System (Indian Traditional Education System), and also completed the degrees from the well known universities and institutions of Yoga in India, such as SVYASA , Kaivalyadham, Gurukul Kangari, Uttarakhand Sanskrit University, Bihar Yoga School, Iyengar Yoga, Sivananda Ashram, Parmath Niketan Ashram and Yoga Niketan Ashram.
* There will be a day off once a week.
Prerequisite (General Rules)
One should have the interest and motivation to study and practice in Yoga. Practice of Yoga requires self-discipline. The disciplines of yoga include sincerity in class attendance, harmony between students, teachers and Ashram mates, and a conducive yogic life style.
In the Ashram, meat, egg, fish, smoking, alcohol, tobacco, drugs and nudity are strictly not allowed since they are the obstacles in study, practice and progress in Yoga.
This is necessary to clarify that the teaching style and the tradition in yoga study may differ from that of the west. There may be basic differences in approach and understanding about Yoga.
1. Submission of Application and course fee payment has to be made 2-weeks in advance of the course start date.
2. In case of cancellation before the commencement of the course, the original payment less an administration fee will be refunded.
3. For a no show, no refund will be issued.
4. Once the course starts, if you decide to leave within 5 days, 50% of the original payment less an administration fee will be refunded. After 5 days no refund will be issued.
5. In case of an emergency, refund policy will be applied differently at a time.